Women’s Soccer breezes to win over conference foe Mass Maritime

On Friday, Oct. 12, Framingham traveled to Mass Maritime for a conference game, as they looked to extend their winning streak to four games.

The Rams opened the scoring in the 12th minute of the game, when Elizabeth Paolucci netted her first goal of the season off a feed from Casey Good.

Just three minutes later, the Rams added another goal to their lead to make it 2-0. Framingham sent a cross into the box that deflected off a Mass Maritime defender and into the net for an own goal.

Framingham added one more goal to the lead before halftime. Kaleigh Pallotta fired a shot into the net off an assist from Good to make it 3-0.

Just six minutes into the second half, the Rams scored their fourth unanswered goal to make it 4-0. Olivia Mihalek ripped a shot past the Mass Maritime goalie for her third goal of the season.

Less than a minute later, Mass Maritime cut into their deficit. Madison Taylor dribbled around two Rams’ defenders and fired a shot past Rams’ goalie Madison Brown to make it 4-1.

Mass Maritime had several other good chances to score, but Brown shut down every opportunity to seal the 4-1 victory for the Rams.

Framingham outshot Mass Maritime 23-9 in the win.

Brown made seven saves in net, and Good had a game-high two assists for the Rams.

With the win, the Rams extend their winning streak to four games and improve to 4-8 on the season and 3-2 in the MASCAC.

Riding a four-game winning streak, the Rams traveled to UMass Boston to take on the Beacons on Tuesday, Oct. 16.

In the 10th minute, the Rams scored the first goal of the game. Hannah Kane sent a corner kick into the box and Good headed the ball into the net to put the Rams up 1-0.

In the 34th minute, the Beacons knotted the game at 1. Allie Crawford sent a pass to Jaclyn O’Grady, who chipped a shot over the Rams’ goalie to make it 1-1.

The Beacons struck again in the 36th minute to take the lead. Crawford headed the ball into the net off a Beacons’ corner kick to make it 2-1.

Neither team was able to score again before halftime, sending the game into the break with the Beacons up 2-1.

In the 54th minute, the Beacons extended their lead to 3-1. O’Grady ripped a shot past the Rams’ goalie for her second goal of the game.

Framingham responded in the 68th minute to cut the deficit back to one. Camryn O’Leary received a pass from Paolucci and ripped a shot from around 20 yards out that just snuck in under the crossbar to make it 3-2.

In the 74th minute, Lindsay Bouscaren put the game away for the Beacons with an insurance goal to make it 4-2, the eventual final score.

Despite losing the game, the Rams outshot the Beacons 21-17.

Brown played in net for the Rams and made four saves.

The loss snaps the Rams’ four-game winning streak and drops

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.