Braverman’s three-goal week lifts men’s soccer to two wins

[Amanda Martin]

Framingham State traveled to Worcester State on Sept. 24 to take on the Lancers in a conference match.

The game started slow as neither team even registered a shot until the 20th minute of play. Matthew Dent of Worcester State received a pass off a free kick and sent a header just wide of the net.

The Rams countered with a scoring chance of their own. Andy Segura and Daniel Campos both sent shots on goal, but they were saved by Lancer goalkeeper, Jason Barrett.

The game went to halftime knotted up at 0-0, as Rams goalkeeper Josh Arno made a diving save just before the half to keep things level.

The scoring started just three minutes after half. In the 48th minute, the Lancers grabbed a 1-0 lead, as the Lancers converted a corner kick. Matthew Stabell put his head on the ball and placed it into the back left corner of the net.

The Rams responded just seven minutes later in the 55th minute. Ken Stahovish sent a corner kick into the box where Johance Liverpool was able to send it into the goal to tie the game 1-1.

In the 63rd minute of play, it was Worcester State striking back. Andre Ipojuca gathered a cross from his teammate and sent the ball into the back of the net to regain the lead 2-1.

Framingham evened the match again in the 88th minute of play. This time it was Stahovish with the goal. Stahovish was able to put his head on a cross sent into the box from Gerardo Ramirez. The header was sent into the back of the net to tie things up at 2-2 and sent the game to overtime.

In the 99th minute of the match, the Rams struck one more time.

Stahovish sent a long cross into the box where teammate Jeffrey Braverman was waiting.  Braverman was able to get his head on it and send it into the back of the net to make it 3-2.

The Rams would hold this lead and win the game 3-2.

Stahovish shined in the win as he scored one goal and assisted the other two. Arno made two saves as he picked up his third win of the season. 

Framingham outshot the Lancers 17-7 and held the advantage in corner kicks 7-2.

The win moves the Rams to 4-4 on the season and keeps them unbeaten in the MASCAC at 2-0.

The Rams went on the road to take on Anna Maria College in a non-conference match on Sept. 27.

Framingham started the scoring early getting on the scoreboard in the 15th minute. Lucas Medeiros scored his first goal of the season off of a corner kick to make it 1-0.

Just two minutes later, in the 17th, it was the Rams again. This time it was Braverman who gathered a rebound and fired it into the back of the net to make it 2-0.

Braverman struck again just 10 minutes later to make it 3-0. Braverman was able to redirect a free kick sent it by teammate Jonathan Parker.

Just minutes before the half, it was the Rams again, adding one more goal to the lead. Stahovish gathered a pass from Ramirez and ripped a shot past the Anna Maria goalkeeper.

Framingham took a 4-0 lead into the half.

Anna Maria was finally able to break through on the score sheet in the 61st minute when Gift Kalombo got in behind the defense and finished the play off to make it 4-1.

The Rams hung onto this lead and won the game 4-1.

Corey Davidge picked up the win for the Rams, making two saves before coming out at halftime. He was replaced by Jesse Guillette in the second half, who then was replaced by Dennis Shaw half way through the second half. Shaw also made two saves for the Rams.

The Rams outshot Anna Maria 23-9 and won the corner kick battle 5-2.

The win puts the Rams at 5-4 on the season.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.