Rams drop MASCAC tourney opener at Worcester

On April 21, The Rams faced Regis College for a make-up game.

The Rams would start out hot early with a 3-1 lead over Regis’ Pride with 11 minutes remaining in the first half. The three goals were scored courtesy of Kimberly Foley, Kristen Keenan and Kristen Hoggins.

Framingham stretched its lead to four with two goals from Hoggins and Foley before the first half ended.

The second half was a different story for Framingham, as it struggled offensively and allowed Regis to play its way back into the game. After Regis scored three minutes into the second half, the Rams would respond quickly with a goal from Foley.

The Pride wouldn’t go down without a fight, scoring five goals in the final 10 minutes to cut the Rams lead to one with 45 seconds remaining before the clock ran out on them.

The Rams were led in goals by Foley with four.

When visiting Mass. Maritime, the Rams would win a close game 13-10 to pull off back-to-back wins.

Framingham would jump out to a large lead in the first half by gaining a lead of 6-1 with 12 minutes remaining. Hoggins, Bailey Donelly and Morghan Cassella would each score to spark the offense.

The Buccaneers would quickly respond with a run of their own, outscoring the Rams 4-1 to end the half with the deficit at two.

The Rams would pick back up where they left off earlier with their offense scoring rapidly in the second half.

Lindsay Nixon would score twice in the first four minutes to respond to the Buccaneers early goal in the second half. Foley and Cassella continued their scoring onslaught with back-to-back goals.

With the lead growing to 11-6 Mass. Maritime would make a last push for a comeback, but its scoring at the end of the game was too little too late as the game ended with a final score of 13-10.

The Rams were led by Cassella with five goals and three goals from Foley to set the tone for the game. Indigo Fox Tree-McGrath would pick up the win making 12 saves.

The Rams would suffer a rough home loss against Bridgewater State losing 20-7.

Framingham couldn’t find an answer to the Bears’ offensive power. The Rams fell behind 10-1 halfway through the first half due to four goals and two assists from Lauren Geary.

Framingham failed to score again until the 12-minute mark with a goal from Foley. But the Bears would continue to keep their foot on the gas pedal as they scored four more goals before the half ended. The Rams would attempt to stay in the game with two goals from Foley and Jessica Graham to end the half at 14-4.

The Rams came out in the second half trying to cut the lead down by scoring two quick goals from Cassella and Hoggins within the first eight minutes. The Bears had an answer to any run the Rams would make for a comeback.

Bridgewater would continue to stretch its lead as it played very smart with the ball having only five turnovers the entire game.

The Rams were led by Cassella and Graham with two goals each on the day.

Framingham’s offensive struggles would continue when visiting Westfield State, losing 17-4.

The Owls would shutout the Rams in the first half and managed to score 10 goals. A consistent problem for Framingham in losses is the high amount of turn- overs, and this game was no different, giving the ball away 22 times.

In the second half, the Rams struggled offensively as they didn’t score the first goal until the 9-minute mark when Cassella scored. Framingham continued to have problems stopping Westfield State as it scored five goals to the Rams’ one.

The Rams wouldn’t let the deficit phase them as they scored with three goals from Cassella, Foley and Keenan within five minutes apart. Unfortunately for Framingham, by that time the game was all but over with the score 15-4 with only seven minutes remaining. The Owls scored two more goals to secure their lead with a 13-goal margin.

Framingham was led in goals by Cassella with two.

A key factor in the loss was the difference in ground balls, 23-11 in Westfield’s favor.

In the first round of the MASCAC Tournament, Framingham couldn’t pull out the win in a high-coring battle with Worcester State, losing 16-13.

The Rams would battle back-and-forth all day with the Lancers. After Worcester scored two early goals, Framingham quickly responded with two goals of its own from Cassella and Foley.

After letting the lead grow to 6-3, the Rams responded with a 3-1 run to cut the lead to 7-6 at the half.

In the second half, Framingham started hot early to tie the game 9-9 with three goals from Shae Riley, Foley and Hoggins. The tie wouldn’t last long for the Rams as the Lancers scored ve unanswered goals in four minutes to regain the lead.

Framingham would make a late push in the last 10 minutes and scored four goals in an attempt to make a comeback, but they couldn’t stop Worcester State from scoring and securing its lead.

A costly reason for the loss was the high turnover amount of 23 for Framingham.

The Rams were led by Foley and Cassella.


Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.