During its March 29 meeting, SGA approved its constitution and by-laws for the second time.
SGA president Dan Costello announced the Student Trustee position will be required to attend meetings weekly.
Student Activity Treasurer Patrick O’Connor announced the last day to request funding for the rest of this semester is March 31.
Jack Capello, social event coordinator, asked SGA members to nominate fellow students and organizations or clubs on campus for the Banquet and Benevolence awards. Forms can be found on the collegiate link website.
Nominations for SGA elections opened Tuesday, March 29 and will be open until Tuesday, April 5 at 1 p.m. He emphasized that SGA members cannot discuss the election in the office, as it is a violation of the election code.
Sammie Florino and Elizabeth Golden, two members of the Dance Team, shared the team’s experience at the convention they attended on Feb. 27 and 28 at the Sheraton Hotel in Boston.
The Dance Team took hip-hop courses and enjoyed the experience, according to Golden.
Florino said the dance team found the convention to be helpful overall and it was “very original and technical.”
In other news:
· Beck Govani was awarded senator of the month and the “U Rock” award was given to Janine Simpson.
· Caitlin Murray announced the presentation for Alternative Spring Break will be held Tuesday, April 12 at 4:30 p.m. in the faculty/staff dining room. She added trip leader applications for ASB are now available on collegiate link.
· Red Sox ticket sales are currently available in the Game Room for $10.
· Tickets for the Girl and Guy Code comedy show are still on sale in the Game Room for $5.
· Bus trip ticket sales for the Food Tour of Boston go on sale April 4 at 1:30 p.m. in the Game Room for $10.
· “The Handyman Bride” comedy show produced by the Hilltop Players will be performed in DPAC Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 7 p.m. and is free of charge.